Tackle Belly Fat with These Tips
Have you ever wondered why you can’t seem to get rid of belly fat? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Belly fat puzzles many people. Belly fat is so stubborn because it is high in alpha-2 receptors, which hinder lipolysis—the breakdown of fat stored in fat cells. The good news is there are things you can do to help minimize belly fat. Here are some of them:
- Try to get a full 8 hours of sleep every night and stick to it. It has been shown that five hours or less of sleep every night can increase your levels of visceral fat. Visceral fat is the belly fat that rests deep between organs.
- Reduce your carb intake and increase your protein intake. Carbs such as croissants and potatoes could cause your body to produce too much insulin, which in turn, promotes fat storage.
- Drink two cups of tea per day. Tea is rich in antioxidants, which battle free radicals that can harm the body.
- Increase your fiber intake to help reduce visceral fat.
- Try deep breathing exercises or meditation.
- To really help tackle belly fat, start doing cardio exercises such as biking, jogging, swimming, or any exercise that makes you sweat and get your heartbeat up.
In addition to helping blast belly fat, these tips will also help your overall health, from recharging your body to eating better, via awareness of what foods you put into your body.